Suburban couple suing after finding surveillance camera in bedroom
January 3, 2013 (NORTH AURORA, Ill.) -- A North Aurora couple filed a lawsuit against their neighbors.
The neighbors' 16-year-old son is accused of putting a hidden camera in the couple's bedroom.
David and Katerina Speers also have an order of protection against the teen who used to baby-sit their two children.
The Speers contacted police in November after they found a surveillance camera in their bedroom.
They found that it had a video transmission that reached within the range of the teenager's home.
The boy reportedly admitted to police that he put the camera there.
No criminal charges have been filed in the case so far.
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide