Man found guilty in bar fight that left victim paralyzed, blind and mute
January 3, 2013 -- A suburban man was found guilty Thursday for a fight that left a man paralyzed, blind and mute.
24-year old Joseph Messina of New Lenox was been convicted of aggravated battery after severely injuring 29-year old Eric Bartels outside a Mokena bar in 2009.
Messina is awaiting sentencing.
During the trial some witnesses claimed to have seen Messina punch Bartels.
However, some of Messina's friends testified that another man threw the punch not Messina.
That man invoked his constitutional rights and was not forced to testify at the trial.
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 20 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen 28 min ago
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 47 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket