'Soldiers Guardian Angels' host send off for Oak Forest man
January 3, 2013 (OAK FOREST, Ill.) -- There was a big send off for a suburban man headed to Afghanistan Thursday evening.
Members of the 'Soldiers Guardian Angels' weren't going to let 18-year old Chad Lange leave without acknowledging his service.
The Oak Forest resident will go first to Fort Hood in Texas before heading overseas.
Lange thanked those who turned out and said he didn't expect anything like it.
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
4 min ago