Riverside puppy killed, likely by coyote
January 4, 2013 (RIVERSIDE, Ill.) -- Police in west suburban Riverside are warning people about a coyote believed to have killed a puppy.
The 7-month-old bichon-poodle mix was attacked Saturday night and later died.
A veterinarian who treated the puppy says the injuries were consistent with a coyote attack.
The owner did not actually see a coyote. However, police say wild animal sightings are not unknown in Riverside, including coyotes, which have been spotted in the area in the past.
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 14 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 4 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos