Riverside puppy killed, likely by coyote
January 4, 2013 (RIVERSIDE, Ill.) -- Police in west suburban Riverside are warning people about a coyote believed to have killed a puppy.
The 7-month-old bichon-poodle mix was attacked Saturday night and later died.
A veterinarian who treated the puppy says the injuries were consistent with a coyote attack.
The owner did not actually see a coyote. However, police say wild animal sightings are not unknown in Riverside, including coyotes, which have been spotted in the area in the past.
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 29 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos