Another road block in attempt to save old Prentice Women's hospital
January 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Preservationists who are trying to keep Northwestern University from tearing down the old Prentice Women's Hospital lost another round.
The judge in the case refused to overturn a decision by city officials denying landmark status to the building.
However the judge is allowing preservationists to file an amended lawsuit over the city's decision.
They have 30 days to file it.
Northwestern wants to build a new medical research facility in place of the old building.
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 53 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
53 min ago