Another road block in attempt to save old Prentice Women's hospital
January 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Preservationists who are trying to keep Northwestern University from tearing down the old Prentice Women's Hospital lost another round.
The judge in the case refused to overturn a decision by city officials denying landmark status to the building.
However the judge is allowing preservationists to file an amended lawsuit over the city's decision.
They have 30 days to file it.
Northwestern wants to build a new medical research facility in place of the old building.
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in New York City 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident 43 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 18 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
51 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos