National Mortgage Settlement deadline nears
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Time is running out to cash in on a mortgage foreclosure settlement. Friday is the deadline for qualified borrowers who lost their home to foreclosure to file a claim.
Thousands of eligible Illinois residents have yet to file.
The amount of the payments will not be the value of your home. These payments are meant to help pay bills.
To get more information about the national foreclosure settlement you can call 1 (866) 430-8358.
local, leah hope
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 3 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 1 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
10 min ago