Vigil held for elderly Chicago woman set to lose home
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday evening for a 76-year-old Chicago woman who is about to lose her house.
Mary Bonelli lives in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood and she is supposed to be put on the sheriff's eviction list Thursday.
The group "United Against Eviction" said the home foreclosure is the result of a bank error.
Community members called for a halt to the eviction and asked for a modification of her mortgage at the vigil.
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 7 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 20 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 17 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
17 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos