Vigil held for elderly Chicago woman set to lose home
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday evening for a 76-year-old Chicago woman who is about to lose her house.
Mary Bonelli lives in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood and she is supposed to be put on the sheriff's eviction list Thursday.
The group "United Against Eviction" said the home foreclosure is the result of a bank error.
Community members called for a halt to the eviction and asked for a modification of her mortgage at the vigil.
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
43 min ago