Vigil held for elderly Chicago woman set to lose home
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday evening for a 76-year-old Chicago woman who is about to lose her house.
Mary Bonelli lives in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood and she is supposed to be put on the sheriff's eviction list Thursday.
The group "United Against Eviction" said the home foreclosure is the result of a bank error.
Community members called for a halt to the eviction and asked for a modification of her mortgage at the vigil.
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos