Pregnant woman found dead in Hickory Hills
January 18, 2013 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) -- Police in southwest suburban Hickory Hills say the deaths of a mother and a newborn baby in their home were not the result of foul play or domestic violence.
Investigators say 38-year-old Margaret Jefferson had been sick for two weeks and may have died from complications brought on by the flu during the late stage of her pregnancy.
The medical examiner says she died of natural causes.
First responders crews found Jefferson Thursday. She had delivered her baby, which was stillborn.
An autopsy is being conducted.
local, diane pathieu
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures