Pregnant woman found dead in Hickory Hills
January 18, 2013 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) -- Police in southwest suburban Hickory Hills say the deaths of a mother and a newborn baby in their home were not the result of foul play or domestic violence.
Investigators say 38-year-old Margaret Jefferson had been sick for two weeks and may have died from complications brought on by the flu during the late stage of her pregnancy.
The medical examiner says she died of natural causes.
First responders crews found Jefferson Thursday. She had delivered her baby, which was stillborn.
An autopsy is being conducted.
local, diane pathieu
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane 23 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 3 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 19 min ago
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia