Pregnant woman found dead in Hickory Hills
January 18, 2013 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) -- Police in southwest suburban Hickory Hills say the deaths of a mother and a newborn baby in their home were not the result of foul play or domestic violence.
Investigators say 38-year-old Margaret Jefferson had been sick for two weeks and may have died from complications brought on by the flu during the late stage of her pregnancy.
The medical examiner says she died of natural causes.
First responders crews found Jefferson Thursday. She had delivered her baby, which was stillborn.
An autopsy is being conducted.
local, diane pathieu
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen