Massive fire breaks out in Bridgeport warehouse
January 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A major fire broke out in a five-story vacant warehouse in the 3700-block of South Ashland Avenue Tuesday night, according to fire officials.
There are around 50 fire companies and 170 firefighters on the scene as of 10:00 p.m., the Office of News Affairs for the Chicago Fire Department said.
About a third of Chicago's fire apparatus is at the fire, according to fire officials.
The fire is classified as a "511" fire plus a special alarm for more trucks, officials said.
"This will be an extended operation. No injuries so far. 511 plus special is extremely rare," the CFD media affairs office tweeted.
The building collapsed in the rear, authorities said.
No has been injured as of 10:00 p.m., fire officials said.
local, john garcia
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 54 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found 18 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party 53 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
32 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos