7 Things to know: Keeping pets safe in cold weather
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Here are some tips to keep your pets warm and safe during the cold weather.
1) Keep your dog on a leash (especially when it snows)
2) Don't shave your pet down to the skin in winter
3) Completely dry off your pet when bathing before walking in the cold
4) Never leave your pet alone in the car in cold (and hot) conditions
5) Make sure your pet has a warm place to sleep off the floor and away from drafts
6) Does your dog spend a lot of time engaged in outdoor activities? Increase his supply of food, particularly protein, to keep him, and his fur, in tip-top shape.
7) Like coolant, antifreeze is a lethal poison for dogs and cats. Be sure to thoroughly clean up any spills from your vehicle
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 42 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed 23 min ago
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 6 min ago
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been...
23 min ago
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
6 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
42 min ago