Parking meter fee increase reportedly not in effect yet
January 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The street parking meter fee increase that was slated for January 1, 2013 has yet to take effect.
None of the city's 4100 pay boxes have been recalibrated to charge higher rates, Crain's Chicago Business reported.
The website for Chicago Parking Meters LLC said the transition continues and drivers are only responsible for paying the rates posted on meters.
Rates in the Loop were supposed to go up 75 cents on January 1st.
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos