Morgan Park and Simeon High School basketball coaches suspended
January 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two Chicago Public Schools basketball coaches were suspended after the Morgan Park-Simeon game at Chicago State University turned deadly for one teenage spectator.
Simeon Coach Robert Smith and Morgan Park Coach Nick Irvin have both been suspended for four games for their conduct at the game.
School officials said that both coaches continued to yell at each other after a fight broke out in the post-game handshake line.
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 12 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas