Morgan Park and Simeon High School basketball coaches suspended
January 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two Chicago Public Schools basketball coaches were suspended after the Morgan Park-Simeon game at Chicago State University turned deadly for one teenage spectator.
Simeon Coach Robert Smith and Morgan Park Coach Nick Irvin have both been suspended for four games for their conduct at the game.
School officials said that both coaches continued to yell at each other after a fight broke out in the post-game handshake line.
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 6 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 2 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 57 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
11 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos