2 women arrested in smart-meter resistance
January 23, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) -- Two Naperville women were arrested Wednesday as crews attempted to install a new ''smart meter.''
Video of the arrests were posted online. The women are with the group Naperville Smart Meter Awareness.
They object to the meters citing health and security concerns, as well as reports that the devices have caused fires.
Jennifer Stahl is charged with interfering with an officer and preventing access to customer's premises. Malia Bendis is charged with attempted eavesdropping.
a federal lawsuit has been filed to stop installation of the meters.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 33 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 34 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 12 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
30 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
33 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
25 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos