2 women arrested in smart-meter resistance
January 23, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) -- Two Naperville women were arrested Wednesday as crews attempted to install a new ''smart meter.''
Video of the arrests were posted online. The women are with the group Naperville Smart Meter Awareness.
They object to the meters citing health and security concerns, as well as reports that the devices have caused fires.
Jennifer Stahl is charged with interfering with an officer and preventing access to customer's premises. Malia Bendis is charged with attempted eavesdropping.
a federal lawsuit has been filed to stop installation of the meters.
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 57 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
28 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
12 min ago