Roe v. Wade anniversary celebrated
January 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Politicians and Planned Parenthood officials celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court decision Wednesday night.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and former Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod were both featured speakers at Wednesday night's event in the West Loop.
Several pro-life demonstrators also gathered outside to protest the landmark case, which legalized abortion on the national level.
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 37 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 12 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos