Metra train hits car in Des Plaines, causes delays
January 25, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A Metra train struck an unoccupied car in suburban Des Plaines at River Road and Northwest Highway Friday evening.
Des Plaines police said the car broke down on the tracks and everyone inside got out before the train hit it. No one was injured.
Trains traveling to Harvard, Crystal Lake and Chicago will be delayed through that area because of the accident.
"Trains may be operating up to 25-45 minutes behind schedule. The following trains will be operating behind schedule: #641 to arrive Harvard at 6:46pm; #643 to arrive McHenry at 6:50pm; #645 to arrive Barrington at 6:36pm and #647 to arrive Harvard at 7:19pm," Metra wrote in a service advisory.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 43 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos