Metra train hits car in Des Plaines, causes delays
January 25, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A Metra train struck an unoccupied car in suburban Des Plaines at River Road and Northwest Highway Friday evening.
Des Plaines police said the car broke down on the tracks and everyone inside got out before the train hit it. No one was injured.
Trains traveling to Harvard, Crystal Lake and Chicago will be delayed through that area because of the accident.
"Trains may be operating up to 25-45 minutes behind schedule. The following trains will be operating behind schedule: #641 to arrive Harvard at 6:46pm; #643 to arrive McHenry at 6:50pm; #645 to arrive Barrington at 6:36pm and #647 to arrive Harvard at 7:19pm," Metra wrote in a service advisory.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 50 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos