Suspected steak robber allegedly stole cast, meat from Elgin supermarket
January 26, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) -- A northwest suburban man is accused of two burglaries, including one in which he allegedly broke into a supermarket through the roof and stole cash and steaks.
Elgin police say Isaac Aguirre, 18, stole $1,200 and steaks from Armando's Supermarket on January 8.
Authorities also say he also wrote, "Steak lovin' burglars" on a roof vent cover.
Aguirre is also accused of a burglary at the American Legion in Elgin on Thursday.
He was in custody at the Kane County Jail, being held on $60,000 bond.
Aguirre is charged with two felony counts of burglary, according to Elgin police.
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 13 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
7 min ago