Suspected steak robber allegedly stole cast, meat from Elgin supermarket
January 26, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) -- A northwest suburban man is accused of two burglaries, including one in which he allegedly broke into a supermarket through the roof and stole cash and steaks.
Elgin police say Isaac Aguirre, 18, stole $1,200 and steaks from Armando's Supermarket on January 8.
Authorities also say he also wrote, "Steak lovin' burglars" on a roof vent cover.
Aguirre is also accused of a burglary at the American Legion in Elgin on Thursday.
He was in custody at the Kane County Jail, being held on $60,000 bond.
Aguirre is charged with two felony counts of burglary, according to Elgin police.
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 16 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 3 min ago
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 53 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
10 min ago
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
49 min ago