McCarthy attends Simeon-Whitney Young game at Chicago State
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago State University hosted a high school basketball game Saturday night, less than two weeks after a teenager was shot and killed after a game there.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was in attendance to see top-ranked Whitney Young played number two Simeon.
He was working and simply dropped by, he said.
"It's about the same security level that we had two weeks ago when the other event happened," McCarthy said. "It has to do with the size of the crowd. In a nationally televised game, we anticipate a lot of people."
McCarthy said the shooting at the Simeon-Morgan Park game on January 16 had nothing to do with the game.
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 24 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
24 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos