McCarthy attends Simeon-Whitney Young game at Chicago State
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago State University hosted a high school basketball game Saturday night, less than two weeks after a teenager was shot and killed after a game there.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was in attendance to see top-ranked Whitney Young played number two Simeon.
He was working and simply dropped by, he said.
"It's about the same security level that we had two weeks ago when the other event happened," McCarthy said. "It has to do with the size of the crowd. In a nationally televised game, we anticipate a lot of people."
McCarthy said the shooting at the Simeon-Morgan Park game on January 16 had nothing to do with the game.
- Off-duty officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 18 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos