McCarthy attends Simeon-Whitney Young game at Chicago State
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago State University hosted a high school basketball game Saturday night, less than two weeks after a teenager was shot and killed after a game there.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was in attendance to see top-ranked Whitney Young played number two Simeon.
He was working and simply dropped by, he said.
"It's about the same security level that we had two weeks ago when the other event happened," McCarthy said. "It has to do with the size of the crowd. In a nationally televised game, we anticipate a lot of people."
McCarthy said the shooting at the Simeon-Morgan Park game on January 16 had nothing to do with the game.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash