McCarthy attends Simeon-Whitney Young game at Chicago State
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago State University hosted a high school basketball game Saturday night, less than two weeks after a teenager was shot and killed after a game there.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was in attendance to see top-ranked Whitney Young played number two Simeon.
He was working and simply dropped by, he said.
"It's about the same security level that we had two weeks ago when the other event happened," McCarthy said. "It has to do with the size of the crowd. In a nationally televised game, we anticipate a lot of people."
McCarthy said the shooting at the Simeon-Morgan Park game on January 16 had nothing to do with the game.
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro-North: train outage expected for days 57 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida 30 min ago
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
1 min ago