Homewood police fatally shoot person during confrontation
January 27, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) -- Police responding to a call of a disturbance at an apartment in south suburban Homewood shot and killed a person who confronted them Sunday.
Police got a call of a disturbance in the 900 block of Olive Road and when they arrived they were confronted by an occupant. That resulted in the person being fatally shot.
No other details have been released.
Illinois State Police and the Cook County Public Integrity Task Force will now investigate.
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 22 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 57 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 34 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 26 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos