Homewood police fatally shoot person during confrontation
January 27, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) -- Police responding to a call of a disturbance at an apartment in south suburban Homewood shot and killed a person who confronted them Sunday.
Police got a call of a disturbance in the 900 block of Olive Road and when they arrived they were confronted by an occupant. That resulted in the person being fatally shot.
No other details have been released.
Illinois State Police and the Cook County Public Integrity Task Force will now investigate.
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco 2 min ago
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
20 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
27 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos