SUV falls 50 feet off bridge, 2 dead
January 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Police are still trying to figure out what caused an SUV to drive off a bridge near Harlem and I-55, killing two women.
The Cook County Medical Examiner confirmed that 37-year-old Michelle Miranda and 36-year-old Sandra Frankum were killed when the SUV fell more than 50 feet off the bridge.
Family members said the crash happened early Saturday morning but the wreckage wasn't found until hours later.
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 46 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 50 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 24 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 21 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million