Protesters gather in Hyde Park
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Protesters gathered in Hyde Park Monday alleging the University of Chicago police used unwarranted violence against demonstrators Sunday night.
The group, which calls itself "Fearless Leading by the Youth," was protesting the lack of an adult trauma center at the university's hospital.
Three people from the group were arrested and charged with misdemeanors. They were released from police custody Monday morning.
Protestors say they will deliver a petition to university administrators, asking for an explanation.
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare