Protesters gather in Hyde Park
January 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Protesters gathered in Hyde Park Monday alleging the University of Chicago police used unwarranted violence against demonstrators Sunday night.
The group, which calls itself "Fearless Leading by the Youth," was protesting the lack of an adult trauma center at the university's hospital.
Three people from the group were arrested and charged with misdemeanors. They were released from police custody Monday morning.
Protestors say they will deliver a petition to university administrators, asking for an explanation.
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 26 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 52 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos