Drug charges dropped after 3 Schaumburg police officers accused of stealing from dealers
January 29, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) -- Drug charges against three people arrested by three Schaumburg police officers have been dropped after the officers were accused of stealing and reselling illegal drugs from those cases.
Cook County prosecutors say an additional 12 pending drug cases will also be dismissed because the officers worked on them.
Officers John Cichy, Matt Hudak and Terrie O'Brien were arrested earlier this month. They are accused of taking marijuana and cocaine seized in the arrests and reselling the drugs through a street dealer.
- Bronx sweep nets dozens of suspected gang members 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 43 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area 38 min ago
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 21 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
43 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos