Drug charges dropped after 3 Schaumburg police officers accused of stealing from dealers
January 29, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) -- Drug charges against three people arrested by three Schaumburg police officers have been dropped after the officers were accused of stealing and reselling illegal drugs from those cases.
Cook County prosecutors say an additional 12 pending drug cases will also be dismissed because the officers worked on them.
Officers John Cichy, Matt Hudak and Terrie O'Brien were arrested earlier this month. They are accused of taking marijuana and cocaine seized in the arrests and reselling the drugs through a street dealer.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 43 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County 9 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen