West Chicago elementary school teachers threaten to go on strike
January 30, 2013 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) -- Teachers in West Chicago Elementary School District 33 say they will strike Monday if a contract agreement with the school board is not reached.
The teachers union and the school board initiated negotiations more than 16 months ago.
They say, although some progress has been made, several issues remain unsettled, including class size protections, teacher evaluations, salary, health insurance and retirement provisions for employees.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 12 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win