West Chicago elementary school teachers threaten to go on strike
January 30, 2013 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) -- Teachers in West Chicago Elementary School District 33 say they will strike Monday if a contract agreement with the school board is not reached.
The teachers union and the school board initiated negotiations more than 16 months ago.
They say, although some progress has been made, several issues remain unsettled, including class size protections, teacher evaluations, salary, health insurance and retirement provisions for employees.
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 25 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 59 min ago
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 41 min ago
- Budget vote approved in the House 14 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees