West Chicago elementary school teachers threaten to go on strike
January 30, 2013 (WEST CHICAGO, Ill.) -- Teachers in West Chicago Elementary School District 33 say they will strike Monday if a contract agreement with the school board is not reached.
The teachers union and the school board initiated negotiations more than 16 months ago.
They say, although some progress has been made, several issues remain unsettled, including class size protections, teacher evaluations, salary, health insurance and retirement provisions for employees.
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 3 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 4 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 28 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
28 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos