Judge suspended for allegedly watching porn in chambers
February 2, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) -- A Will County judge has been suspended without pay for sixty days for allegedly watching pornography on a computer in his court chambers.
Judge Joseph Polito was investigated by the Illinois Judical Inquiry Board. The board said there was no direct evidence it affected his work.
However, it said those actions brought disrespect to his office and violated court regulations.
Polito has also promised not to apply for reappointment when his current term expires.
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos