Chi-Town Big Game 5/10K race draws thousands
February 3, 2013 -- Thousands of runners braved the cold weather Sunday to run in the Chi-Town Big Game 5/ 10K race, which raises funds for the Homes 4 Heroes charity.
The runners gathered at Soldier Field for the race, which will took them along Chicago's lakefront.
Approximately 2,000 runners took part in the race for a good cause.
The money raised benefits an an organization that donates services to wounded soldiers so they can properly use and be comfortable in their homes. Their homes are rehabbed to accommodate their disabilities.
One of the organizers for the charity told ABC7 Chicago it takes about $1,000 to $3,000 to rehab the insides of some of the homes.
At least $70,000 was raised Sunday to help a lot of veterans.
local, diane pathieu
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded 17 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 39 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
17 min ago
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
39 min ago