Freight train derails in Bellwood
February 2, 2013 (BELLWOOD, Ill.) -- Hazmat crews were on the scene where a freight train derailed in Bellwood just before noon on Sunday.
Five freight cars toppled over when the train was being pulled out of the yard.
Several of the cars are reported to be leaking diesel fuel.
No one was injured in the derailment.
Metra trains were briefly delayed just after the incident, but were back to normal a short time later.
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster