Freight train derails in Bellwood
February 2, 2013 (BELLWOOD, Ill.) -- Hazmat crews were on the scene where a freight train derailed in Bellwood just before noon on Sunday.
Five freight cars toppled over when the train was being pulled out of the yard.
Several of the cars are reported to be leaking diesel fuel.
No one was injured in the derailment.
Metra trains were briefly delayed just after the incident, but were back to normal a short time later.
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- NYC 's smoking ban to include e-cigarettes 15 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos