3 charged in Aurora's first murder in more than a year
February 3, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) -- Aurora's streak of a year without a murder ended when three men were charged after a woman was fatally beaten and burned Thursday.
The accused are 18-year-old Juan Garnica Jr., 19-year-old Enrique Prado and 20-year-old Jose Becerra.
Police say that the victim, Abigail Villalpando, 18, knew Garnica and Prado.
Garnica allegedly beat her with a hammer then burned her body and dumped it.
Police have not said anything about a motive.
Garnica is charged with first-degree murder.
The others are charged with concealment of a homicide.
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 58 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
5 min ago