Turkey slams into bus carrying Chicago fellowship group
February 25, 2013 (WORTHINGTON, Pa.) -- A wayward turkey slammed into the windshield of a bus carrying a group returning to Chicago over the weekend.
About 45 members of the University Bible Fellowship were on board when the crash happened Saturday afternoon on a road about 35 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Tour bus driver Joseph Rychecky was slightly hurt by flying glass.
"One turkey came up out of nowhere," said Rychecky. "I started getting on the brake because I know when there is one, there's another one. The other one came up...My thought there was not to go through the guardrail, but to hit the animal, and he hit my windshield."
None of the passengers on the bus were hurt. They all praised the driver for safely stopping the bus.
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 47 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 56 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 8 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
43 min ago