Chicago State University president resigns
February 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Dr. Wayne Watson, the president of Chicago State University, has resigned.
Watson came to the school in 2009 after there had been charges of fiscal mismanagement under his predecessor.
But, during his tenure, student enrollment is down and the faculty gave Watson a vote of no confidence.
Watson is expected to leave after a sabbatical and he may get his $250,000-a-year salary until then.
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 1 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
24 min ago