Victim met attackers on dating website Plenty of Fish, police say
March 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A woman from Merrillville, Indiana, is accused of using a dating website to woo an Illinois man to her home where an accomplice allegedly helped her kidnap him.
Nineteen-year-old Diamond Toney and Dedrick Bufkin both face kidnapping charges.
Authorities say they tied up and robbed the victim before locking him in the trunk of his own car for hours before releasing him.
The victim called police, who identified Toney through her online profile on the dating website Plenty Of Fish.
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win