I-88 crash kills 1; lanes reopened
March 27, 2013 (SUGAR GROVE, Ill.) -- The Reagan Memorial Tollway was moving again Wednesday as the investigation into a deadly crash continued.
The fiery accident happened Tuesday night in the westbound lanes of I-88 between Butterfield Road and Route 56.
Investigators say an SUV and a semi-truck crashed, and both vehicles caught fire.
The westbound lanes and far left east bound lane were shut down for approximately six hours while emergency officials and crews worked the scene.
Officials reopened the Tollway shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 23 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 6 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 36 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 49 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
23 min ago