I-88 crash kills 1; lanes reopened
March 27, 2013 (SUGAR GROVE, Ill.) -- The Reagan Memorial Tollway was moving again Wednesday as the investigation into a deadly crash continued.
The fiery accident happened Tuesday night in the westbound lanes of I-88 between Butterfield Road and Route 56.
Investigators say an SUV and a semi-truck crashed, and both vehicles caught fire.
The westbound lanes and far left east bound lane were shut down for approximately six hours while emergency officials and crews worked the scene.
Officials reopened the Tollway shortly before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 59 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 52 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims 41 min ago
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers 53 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
52 min ago
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in
4 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos