Company brings jobs to Rosemont, gives U of C money for cancer research
March 27, 2013 (ROSEMONT, Ill.) -- A new business is open in suburban Rosemont, and it's putting hundreds of people to work.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the office of the Power Home Remodeling group Tuesday. The company has a special focus on green products and energy-efficient, environmentally friendly home solutions.
Sen. Dick Durbin was among the speakers at the ceremony.
"Most middle income families struggle paycheck to paycheck. It's tough, but they keep going forward; they don't give up. You're going to give them a helping hand to make their home more affordable and their family more comfortable, but in the long term, you're not just building a business, you're making this a better planet to live on," he said.
To celebrate its expansion in Illinois, the company is donating $10,000 to the University of Chicago to help fight pediatric cancer.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 21 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
59 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
54 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos