Company brings jobs to Rosemont, gives U of C money for cancer research
March 27, 2013 (ROSEMONT, Ill.) -- A new business is open in suburban Rosemont, and it's putting hundreds of people to work.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the office of the Power Home Remodeling group Tuesday. The company has a special focus on green products and energy-efficient, environmentally friendly home solutions.
Sen. Dick Durbin was among the speakers at the ceremony.
"Most middle income families struggle paycheck to paycheck. It's tough, but they keep going forward; they don't give up. You're going to give them a helping hand to make their home more affordable and their family more comfortable, but in the long term, you're not just building a business, you're making this a better planet to live on," he said.
To celebrate its expansion in Illinois, the company is donating $10,000 to the University of Chicago to help fight pediatric cancer.
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos