Company brings jobs to Rosemont, gives U of C money for cancer research
March 27, 2013 (ROSEMONT, Ill.) -- A new business is open in suburban Rosemont, and it's putting hundreds of people to work.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the office of the Power Home Remodeling group Tuesday. The company has a special focus on green products and energy-efficient, environmentally friendly home solutions.
Sen. Dick Durbin was among the speakers at the ceremony.
"Most middle income families struggle paycheck to paycheck. It's tough, but they keep going forward; they don't give up. You're going to give them a helping hand to make their home more affordable and their family more comfortable, but in the long term, you're not just building a business, you're making this a better planet to live on," he said.
To celebrate its expansion in Illinois, the company is donating $10,000 to the University of Chicago to help fight pediatric cancer.
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 17 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 34 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
43 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos