Michelle Obama to talk youth violence, opportunities in Chicago
March 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- First Lady Michelle Obama will be in Chicago to talk about youth violence to Chicago's business leaders.
She will address a luncheon meeting hosted by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at the Hilton Chicago on Wednesday, April 10. The topic is Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago.
Mrs. Obama wants Chicago's business leaders to invest in expanded opportunities for young people in all of Chicago's neighborhoods.
In February, Obama was in Chicago for the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old shot to death in a South Side park. That same month, she also hosted a Let's Move event at Chicago's McCormick Place.
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
54 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos