Michelle Obama to talk youth violence, opportunities in Chicago
March 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- First Lady Michelle Obama will be in Chicago to talk about youth violence to Chicago's business leaders.
She will address a luncheon meeting hosted by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel at the Hilton Chicago on Wednesday, April 10. The topic is Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago.
Mrs. Obama wants Chicago's business leaders to invest in expanded opportunities for young people in all of Chicago's neighborhoods.
In February, Obama was in Chicago for the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old shot to death in a South Side park. That same month, she also hosted a Let's Move event at Chicago's McCormick Place.
- Off-duty officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 12 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos