Powerball winner resolves $30k child support debt
PATERSON, N.J. -- The New Jersey man who just won a $338 million Powerball jackpot has resolved a child support debt.
Pedro Quezada appeared Monday afternoon in state Superior Court in Paterson.
Authorities had said the 44-year-old Passaic resident owed about $29,000 in back support. During the court hearing, officials said Quezada had paid about $30,000 to settle the debt.
Quezada claimed a lump-sum payment last week worth $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes.
The unpaid child support payments dates to 2009. But it's not clear which of Quezada's five children are covered by the payments.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 49 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 40 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos