Food trucks to be part of Taste of Chicago
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- This summer, new food trucks will hit the streets of Chicago.
The city will welcome seven new food trucks, including the first three "cook on-board" trucks.
Also, the food trucks will be a part of the Taste of Chicago for the first time, according to a statement from Mayor Rahm Emanuel. The trucks will park on the centerfield concrete path just eas of the lawn seating at the pavilion, and start serving an hour before each evening concert. They will accept the same food and beverage tickets as the other Taste vendors, and have the usual "Taste" portions. Tickets at the Taste will ge sold in strips of 12 for $8.
Also, the city says that the Food Network plans to film an episode in Chicago in June for Great Food Truck Race, hosted by Chef Tyler Florence. The show follows food truck competitors across the country who want to be the winning truck.
taste of chicago, local
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 27 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary