Food trucks to be part of Taste of Chicago
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- This summer, new food trucks will hit the streets of Chicago.
The city will welcome seven new food trucks, including the first three "cook on-board" trucks.
Also, the food trucks will be a part of the Taste of Chicago for the first time, according to a statement from Mayor Rahm Emanuel. The trucks will park on the centerfield concrete path just eas of the lawn seating at the pavilion, and start serving an hour before each evening concert. They will accept the same food and beverage tickets as the other Taste vendors, and have the usual "Taste" portions. Tickets at the Taste will ge sold in strips of 12 for $8.
Also, the city says that the Food Network plans to film an episode in Chicago in June for Great Food Truck Race, hosted by Chef Tyler Florence. The show follows food truck competitors across the country who want to be the winning truck.
taste of chicago, local
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos