Des Plaines River searched for missing toddler
April 17, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- The search continues for a 1-year-old boy who was reported kidnapped Tuesday. Wednesday, police searched along the Des Plaines River.
Police are searching for what they believe is Bryeon Hunter's body.
Lakeshia Baker, Bryeon Hunter's mother, reported her son kidnapped on Tuesday. An Amber Alert was issued after the toddler's 23-year-old mother claimed three men took Bryeon after beating her up.
Bryeon's grandmother Brenda Lloyd wants answers about the whereabouts of her grandson.
"It's getting to the point my baby might be dead, laying somewhere," Lloyd said. "I'm trying not to believe that," said Lloyd.
Despite the injuries that sent Baker to the hospital Tuesday, the three men she accused of beating her and snatching her son have been cleared by police of any wrongdoing.
After Baker was released from the hospital Tuesday night, she and her boyfriend were brought to the Maywood police station for questioning. Both have not been released, each apparently blaming the other for the boy's disappearance.
"It's real frustrating," said Lloyd. "I'm trying not to believe my baby is gone."
The search of the Des Plaines River was suspended around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday because of poor weather conditions. The search is expected to continue Thursday.
The boy is described as about 2-feet tall and weighing 30 pounds, the alert said. Police say the boy has brown hair and brown eyes and just got a haircut.
He was wearing a two-toned blue striped long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and blue and brown Nike boots.Maywood police are urging anyone with information to contact them at (708) 450-4471.
local, sarah schulte
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos