Amber Alert canceled for Bryeon Hunter | Mom of missing Maywood child charged with murder
April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- An Amber Alert issued for a missing Maywood boy Bryeon Hunter was canceled. His mother, Lakesha Baker, is charged with his murder.
Baker's boyfriend, Michael Scott, also faces first-degree murder charges in Bryeon's death. Both were charged on Saturday.
Bryeon, 1, was reported missing on Tuesday. Baker told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying, and dumped his body.
Police have searched areas near the Des Plaines River, but the boy's body has not been found.
Baker is being held without bond. Scott is being held on $750,000. Baker's lawyers say she is not guilty.
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 18 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
18 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos