Amber Alert canceled for Bryeon Hunter | Mom of missing Maywood child charged with murder
April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- An Amber Alert issued for a missing Maywood boy Bryeon Hunter was canceled. His mother, Lakesha Baker, is charged with his murder.
Baker's boyfriend, Michael Scott, also faces first-degree murder charges in Bryeon's death. Both were charged on Saturday.
Bryeon, 1, was reported missing on Tuesday. Baker told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying, and dumped his body.
Police have searched areas near the Des Plaines River, but the boy's body has not been found.
Baker is being held without bond. Scott is being held on $750,000. Baker's lawyers say she is not guilty.
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg 44 min ago
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 15 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
58 min ago