ABC7 Exclusive: Daley closing campaign fund, giving away $500K
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two years after he left office, former Chicago mayor Richard Daley is closing his campaign fund and giving away more than $500,000.
Daley plans to donate campaign money to nearly a dozen different Chicago non-profit groups, including his late wife's After School Matters program, and funds for the families of fallen police and firefighters.
Each group will receive a check ranging from $10,000 to $150,000.
Daley made an unrelated public appearance at the University of Chicago Tuesday.
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 20 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- Newtown mental health funding running low
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos