ABC7 Exclusive: Daley closing campaign fund, giving away $500K
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Two years after he left office, former Chicago mayor Richard Daley is closing his campaign fund and giving away more than $500,000.
Daley plans to donate campaign money to nearly a dozen different Chicago non-profit groups, including his late wife's After School Matters program, and funds for the families of fallen police and firefighters.
Each group will receive a check ranging from $10,000 to $150,000.
Daley made an unrelated public appearance at the University of Chicago Tuesday.
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 29 min ago
- President Obama holds end of year news conference 12 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 8 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos