Jenny McCarthy appears at Chicago autism support fundraiser
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago's own Jenny McCarthy wears many hats: model, comedian, actress, author.
Tuesday night, she appeared at a Chicago benefit as an activist.
McCarthy hosted the sixth annual "Rescue Our Angels" fundraising event for Generation Rescue.
She is president of the organization, which is a national autism support group.
McCarthy credits Generation Rescue with helping her get educated after her son was diagnosed with autism.
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 8 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 8 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 59 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
34 min ago