Cook County prison employee accused of phony workers' compensation claim
April 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is accusing one of his prison employees of making a phony worker's compensation claim.
Dart says surveillance video shows the employee walking through a gate at the time and place he claimed to slip and fall injuring his back.
Sheriff Dart is calling for an overhaul of the county's workers' compensation claim-filing process.
He says the video shows the employee slip slightly as he moves through the gate, but not falling.
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ