Cook County prison employee accused of phony workers' compensation claim
April 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is accusing one of his prison employees of making a phony worker's compensation claim.
Dart says surveillance video shows the employee walking through a gate at the time and place he claimed to slip and fall injuring his back.
Sheriff Dart is calling for an overhaul of the county's workers' compensation claim-filing process.
He says the video shows the employee slip slightly as he moves through the gate, but not falling.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen