Bryeon Hunter mother could face additional charges
April 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- The lawyer for a suburban Maywood mother accused of killing her 1-year-old son says he expects additional charges will be filed.
Lakeshia Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, are charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say, after killing the child, Baker claimed her son, Bryeon Hunter, had been kidnapped.
The boy's body has not been found.
Baker and Scott were in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
Bryeon was reported missing last week. Baker initially told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying and dumped his body.
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos