Bryeon Hunter mother could face additional charges
April 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- The lawyer for a suburban Maywood mother accused of killing her 1-year-old son says he expects additional charges will be filed.
Lakeshia Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, are charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say, after killing the child, Baker claimed her son, Bryeon Hunter, had been kidnapped.
The boy's body has not been found.
Baker and Scott were in court Wednesday for a preliminary hearing.
Bryeon was reported missing last week. Baker initially told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying and dumped his body.
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos