Jacob Nodarse says he was 'manipulated' in Borizov trial
April 26, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) -- On the stand Friday, Jacob Nodarse told the court that he was manipulated over several months by Johnny Borizov into killing a Darien family, Jeffrey and Lori Kramer and their 20-year-old son Michael in March 2010.
As Nodarse was questioned by the defense, he described his mental state as between "reality" and "nightmares" during the murders.
"When I pulled the trigger, I did not know that was reality," said Nodarse.
The defense attorney used the unloaded gun in court Friday as evidence.
Nodarse pleaded guilty but mentally ill to one of the three murders, and on Friday he testified about his drug use, mental illness and paranoia.
Nodarse says he committed the murders because he was worried that if he didn't, Borizov would come after his own family.
"I was convinced by Mr. Borizov that there were two possibilities that would end this situation. One being the Kramer family being killed, and the other being my family being killed," Nodarse said.
Nodarse says Borizov planned the murders because because he hated the Kramers, who were his ex-girlfriend's family. Borizov was in a custody battle at the time with the Kramer's daughter Angela.
The Borizov case is the first murder trial to be televised in the Chicago area.
local, leah hope
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 19 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
19 min ago