Injuries in suburban shootings Friday night
May 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Suburban Chicago Heights and Skokie are dealing with the aftermath of a night of violence.
In south suburban Chicago Heights, three people were shot, one person killed outside of a liquor store.
The victim is identified as Joshua Garcia, 18, of Chicago Heights. No arrests have been made. Police are questioning witnesses.
Police have not revealed a motive for the shooting.
There was also gun violence in the north suburbs. Friday night, a boy was shot in the abdomen near the Old Orchard mall in Skokie. A carnival was going on nearby when the shooting happened Friday night, but police are not saying whether the shooting was linked to the carnival.
The boy, whose name and age were not being released, was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition Saturday evening.
Police said there were no arrests as of Saturday evening and they were investigating.
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 15 min ago
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos