Ryan Harris murder: Harris cousin Shaneda Lawrence fatally shot in Chicago's Ryan Harris Park
May 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The ghost of one of Chicago's most infamous murders was revived by another killing.
A relative of a child murdered 15 years ago was killed at a park Saturday in what appears to be a random shooting.
A crowd gathered to remember 30-year-old Shaneda Lawrence at the park where Lawrence was killed. Ironically, the park is named for her murdered relative Ryan Harris; in 1998 11-year-old Harris was found raped and murdered.
Lawrence was shot as relatives were at the park Saturday after the funeral of another family member. "This isn't just about my family. This could have been anybody's family in this park. It just so happened to have been my cousin that makes it extremely devastating," Ryan Harris' mother Sabrina Harris said.
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey