Ryan Harris murder: Harris cousin Shaneda Lawrence fatally shot in Chicago's Ryan Harris Park
May 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The ghost of one of Chicago's most infamous murders was revived by another killing.
A relative of a child murdered 15 years ago was killed at a park Saturday in what appears to be a random shooting.
A crowd gathered to remember 30-year-old Shaneda Lawrence at the park where Lawrence was killed. Ironically, the park is named for her murdered relative Ryan Harris; in 1998 11-year-old Harris was found raped and murdered.
Lawrence was shot as relatives were at the park Saturday after the funeral of another family member. "This isn't just about my family. This could have been anybody's family in this park. It just so happened to have been my cousin that makes it extremely devastating," Ryan Harris' mother Sabrina Harris said.
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 12 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 47 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 54 min ago