Plain White T's, Michael Franti & Spearhead headline 'Jammin' at the Zoo'
May 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago-based band the Plain White T's and Michael Franti and Spearhead will play Lincoln Park Zoo's annual summer concert series "Jammin' at the Zoo", the zoo announced Monday.
The Plain White T's will play on Saturday June 22 and Michael Franti and Spearhead are set to perform on Friday July 26. Tickets for the Plain White T's are on sale and tickets for Michael Franti and Spearhead go on sale May 24 at 10 a.m. Tickets to both shows can be purchased at the zoo's Gateway Pavilion, via phone (312-742-2283) or on the zoo's website.
"Jammin' at the Zoo is an opportunity to get outdoors and groove to an assortment of talented musicians among Chicago's favorite animals," zoo officials said in a press release.
The money the zoo raises from the concerts help keep zoo admission free to the public, officials said in a press release.
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation