CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police are warning commuters about a recent increase in robberies on CTA trains and platforms in the Loop.
The suspect steals iPhones and purses with force or the threat of force, according to a community alert issued by police.
Robberies have been reported at train stations in the 200-block of South State Street, the 100-block of North Wabash Avenue and the 100-block of South Dearborn Street.
Chicago police advise CTA passengers to be aware of surroundings, to report suspicious activity immediately and to remain on the scene after an incident when possible.
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 24 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert 1 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 55 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
24 min ago