Maywood honors Robert Larson, man who found missing toddler Bryeon Hunter's body
May 21, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- Maywood honored a man who spent a month searching for the body of a little boy he never knew.
On Tuesday, an award was presented to Robert Larson, who took it upon himself to become a one man search team until he found the body of one-year-old Bryeon Hunter.
He discovered the child in the Des Plaines River in North Riverside.
The boy's mother first said he'd been kidnapped, but then admitted she and her boyfriend beat him to death and dumped the body.
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 41 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 10 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 29 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
51 min ago