Maywood honors Robert Larson, man who found missing toddler Bryeon Hunter's body
May 21, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- Maywood honored a man who spent a month searching for the body of a little boy he never knew.
On Tuesday, an award was presented to Robert Larson, who took it upon himself to become a one man search team until he found the body of one-year-old Bryeon Hunter.
He discovered the child in the Des Plaines River in North Riverside.
The boy's mother first said he'd been kidnapped, but then admitted she and her boyfriend beat him to death and dumped the body.
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 49 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 43 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 15 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 13 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos