Maywood honors Robert Larson, man who found missing toddler Bryeon Hunter's body
May 21, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- Maywood honored a man who spent a month searching for the body of a little boy he never knew.
On Tuesday, an award was presented to Robert Larson, who took it upon himself to become a one man search team until he found the body of one-year-old Bryeon Hunter.
He discovered the child in the Des Plaines River in North Riverside.
The boy's mother first said he'd been kidnapped, but then admitted she and her boyfriend beat him to death and dumped the body.
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
27 min ago