Bryeon Hunter mother pleads not guilty in death of son
May 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) -- A suburban Chicago couple accused in the death of their 1-year-old son has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges.
Cook County prosecutors say Lakesha Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, both of Maywood, entered their pleas Thursday during an arraignment.
The 22-year-old Baker and 21-year-old Scott are accused of killing Bryeon Hunter on April 15 and dumping his body in the Des Plaines River.
A body matching the boy was recovered from the river last week. DNA samples have been taken from Baker and the boy's grandmother to determine the identity of the body. Authorities say the cause and manner of the child's death hasn't been determined.
Baker, who initially claimed her son was kidnapped, is being held without bond. Scott is being held in lieu of $750,000 bond.
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 32 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 6 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
6 min ago