7 Things to know: Staying cool in hot temperatures
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's going to be hot, hot, hot around the New York area this week, here are some tips to stay cool.
1) Drink plenty of fluids
2) Stay in air conditioning
3) Stay out of the sun
4) Wear lightweight clothing
5) Avoid too much exertion
6) Check on neighbors and pets
7) Your windows matter. Opt for white window shades, blinds or drapes to reflect heat away from the house
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 19 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 22 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 47 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 42 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
24 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
7 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos