8-year-old girl's death ruled homicide
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Investigators are looking into the death of 8-year-old Gizzell Ford, who was found dead in her home in the 5200 block of West Adams Friday morning.
Police have ruled the girl's death a homicide and say the child was abused.
There are no charges filed yet, but the Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the girl's grandmother.
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases