Campaign for disaster preparedness a multi-state effort
July 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A multi-state campaign is encouraging everyone to have a plan ready in case of an emergency.
The Gear Up, Get Ready community preparedness campaign says every household should take key steps in preparing for a disaster.
Sunday they were in the West Town neighborhood working with people to help them create a plan, make emergency contact cards and gather emergency supplies.
The campaign helps households in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases