Campaign for disaster preparedness a multi-state effort
July 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A multi-state campaign is encouraging everyone to have a plan ready in case of an emergency.
The Gear Up, Get Ready community preparedness campaign says every household should take key steps in preparing for a disaster.
Sunday they were in the West Town neighborhood working with people to help them create a plan, make emergency contact cards and gather emergency supplies.
The campaign helps households in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos