Campaign for disaster preparedness a multi-state effort
July 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A multi-state campaign is encouraging everyone to have a plan ready in case of an emergency.
The Gear Up, Get Ready community preparedness campaign says every household should take key steps in preparing for a disaster.
Sunday they were in the West Town neighborhood working with people to help them create a plan, make emergency contact cards and gather emergency supplies.
The campaign helps households in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 24 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos